Where to find the example
The examples are included inside the Artaengine package. You can them in this directory:
download Artaengine package
- Create a new database in PostgreSQL or MySQL and name it arta_examples. All Artaengine examples are set to use this database.
- Download the Artaengine package
- Extract into your "www" directory.
- Download PHPTAL and Smarty template engines and extract them into the /www/artaengine/template-engines/ directory.
- It is recommended to create a virtual host for /www/artaengine/examples
- Find the examples in /www/artaengine/examples/ enter each example directory and follow:
- Edit the /configure.ini and update the settings to your local. Make sure the database connection configs match with the database you created for the example(s).
- Set permissions. Artaengine requires write permissions to the /_temp directory.
- Build the example e.g. (http://artaexamples.local/exampleX/build)
- If build shows errors:
- Check directory permissions
- Empty temp directory
- Check if "/start.php" and "/configure.ini" have correct paths and settings
- Check the database and model settings
Deploying with Artaengine project administrator
Alternatively you can deploy the examples via the Artaengine project administrator GUI
After deploying the Artaengine project administrator, goto the Existing menu and search for the examples. Add the examples to the administrator the goto the Update menu and manage the example you want.